Our Owners Corporation Services
Beck Legal has a strong reputation as being the trusted advisers in all aspects of owners corporation law. Owners corporation laws are constantly evolving and our team stays on top of the constant changes to the Owners Corporations Act, as well as VCAT and Court decisions to ensure that you are always one step ahead.
Beck Legal adopts a commercial and holistic approach to owners corporation matters, to minimise the risks of disputes and hostility and to ensure everyone can work together for the benefit of the lot owners as a whole. If a dispute arises, we will work with you to resolve it quickly and cost effectively, with a view to salvaging relationships and achieving a win-win outcome for everyone.
Beck Legal’s Property team acts for owners corporations (including apartment/town house complexes and shopping centres), registered managers, committee members and lot owners who are part of owners corporations of all sizes. Our services include:
- Establishment – Advice on structuring your owners corporation and setting it up;
- Annual General Meeting – Attending as advising solicitor or proxy;
- Rules – Preparation of rules, including preparing and registering special rules;
- Unpaid Fees – Our litigation team can assist with recovering any unpaid fees from lot owners;
- Management – Advice to owners corporations and managers on compliance with their obligations under the Owners Corporations Act, rules and other applicable laws;
- Meetings – How to give notice of and hold meetings;
- Common Property – Preparation of leases and licences in respect of the common property;
- Disputes – Resolving disputes between management, lot owners and within the management committee, including disputes in relation to liability, entitlements, common property, maintenance, repairs and water damage; and
- Liability – Changing lot liability and lot entitlements.
Why choose Beck Legal?
Having acted for many owners corporations across Victoria, we understand the complex relationships and pressure points which exist between the owners corporation, the committee members and lot owners. We provide tailored and strategic advice and services to secure the outcomes you are looking for.
If you would like more information about our owners corporation services, get in touch today.