Our Employment Law Services
Employment law is more than just preparing an employment contract. Beck Legal’s employment law team understands how businesses operate, how staff in various industries are engaged and what structures you can put in place to minimise the compliance burden.
We adopt a pragmatic and strategic approach to dealing with difficult and often stressful situations in order to get the best outcomes for you in the most efficient way possible so that you can get back to running your business and minimise distractions.
Why Choose Beck Legal
Ensuring you have an understanding of the employment laws in Australia is paramount to the ongoing success of your business and Beck Legal can provide you with clear and pragmatic advice on how to use the employment laws to advantage your business.
If you would like more information about employment law get in touch today.
Our employment law services include:
- Contractors vs Employees – It is important to ensure that you correctly classify contractors and employees from the start, as a failure to do so could mean that you are liable to a “contractor” for employee entitlements. It does not matter what the contract says, and we can examine the substance of the arrangement and provide you with advice on how to navigate the issue and reduce your exposure to contractors.
- Award Classification – With over 100 industry and occupation based Awards in Australia, it can be difficult to know which one applies to your staff. In certain cases, multiple Awards may apply. We can review the coverage sections and position descriptions in Awards and provide you with simple and clear advice on which Award/s apply and what that means for your business.
- Employment Contracts – We can prepare full time, part time and casual employment contracts, as well as contractor agreements and individual flexibility agreements. Our team stays on top of the trends and advancements in employment law to ensure your contracts comply with best practice and provide the highest level of protection for your business.
- Above Award & Set Off – If you don’t want to pay your employees in accordance with an Award and would prefer to pay one fixed hourly rate that compensates employees for all payments, your contracts need to include a special set off clause that complies with the Fair Work Act and Awards. Our team can prepare this for you.
- Employee Share Schemes & Share Option Plans – If you are looking to incentivise your employees with an offer of shares or options, our team can advise you on how to ensure the structure complies with the ATO’s relatively recent start up concessions for ESSs and ESOPs.
Enterprise Bargaining – Our team can advise you on whether enterprise bargaining is an appropriate option to reduce your compliance burden and then manage the process for you.
- Redundancy – Our team has extensive experience in advising on restructures and redundancies, including how to meet your consultation obligations and effect the restructure with the lowest possible risk.
- Termination – We can advise you on termination strategies, and particularly how to ensure a termination complies with your obligations under the Fair Work Act, applicable Award and employment contract in order to reduce the risks of successful claims being made against you.
- Unfair Dismissal and other Claims – Our litigation team provides strategic advice on managing and settling claims to ensure you achieve the most cost-effective outcome in the shortest period of time.