Sale and Purchase of Business
Why Choose Us?
Selling or buying a business is one of the most exciting and potentially stressful times that any business owner will experience. Beck Legal has the resources, expertise and track record to run a successful business sale or purchase. We make the transaction process as smooth as possible by bringing a practical and commercial approach to the table.
For more information about our transactional services, get in touch today.
Our Transactional Services
From the outset, we want to ensure that the deal is structured in the best way and our team can advise you on the different structuring options, such as the differences between a sale of the business (assets) or a sale of shares.
Contract of Sale
Our services include preparing the contract of sale and section 52 vendor statement (if required), and reviewing these documents and providing you with clear and easy to understand advice on what it all means. We have expertise in all areas of business such as employment law, PPSA and securities, and intellectual property, and understand the implications and traps associated with these areas which are often not properly dealt with in the contract. As a result, we are able to bring a holistic and big picture approach to the transactions we advise on.
We can also negotiate on your behalf. Our point of difference is that given our firm’s wide range of expertise and our practical approach, we can properly advise you on what you can give away and what you should be asking for in the negotiation process to ensure the deal goes ahead on favourable and fair terms. Where possible, we will present you with options and our recommended way forward based on your industry and what you are looking to achieve.
Acting in the Transaction
We can act for you from start to finish, including:
- Confirming what security interests are registered on the PPSR and arranging releases.
- Confirming the assignment requirements under any material contracts and liaising with suppliers to arrange assignment by settlement.
- Advising you of your obligations to employees and how to minimise any exposure to liability for redundancy and other entitlements.
- Arranging a transfer of the Lease.
- Arranging for a transfer of any registered intellectual property.
- Undertaking searches and calculating adjustments to the purchase price.